So, I just read that a Southwest 737 had some drama in Vegas with smoke coming from its right landing gear. This happened while it was taxiing for takeoff at Harry Reid International. Another Southwest plane behind them spotted the smoke and told air traffic control, which is pretty wild. Thankfully, it got back to the gate safely.
I wonder what actually caused the smoke? Was it just a brake overheating or something more serious like a fire issue? I guess we'll have to wait for more details. It got me thinking about how often stuff like this happens and how quickly crews are able to respond. Seems like good communication between the crews and ATC really made a difference here.
Has anyone else heard anything more about this? Or know how often these kinds of gear-related incidents occur? It's kind of reassuring to see how quickly they dealt with it, but still a bit nerve-wracking to think about. Let me know what you guys think!
I wonder what actually caused the smoke? Was it just a brake overheating or something more serious like a fire issue? I guess we'll have to wait for more details. It got me thinking about how often stuff like this happens and how quickly crews are able to respond. Seems like good communication between the crews and ATC really made a difference here.
Has anyone else heard anything more about this? Or know how often these kinds of gear-related incidents occur? It's kind of reassuring to see how quickly they dealt with it, but still a bit nerve-wracking to think about. Let me know what you guys think!