Menu
Sign Up
Forum News

Barcelona Airport Chaos: 385 Flights Cancelled Due to Crazy Rain!

Started by HelenShutter26 • 1 hours ago • 1 replies • 16 views
Wow, what a mess at Barcelona-El Prat Airport over the weekend! They had to cancel 385 flights because of some crazy torrential rain hitting Catalonia. That's nuts! I read that 220 of those were on Saturday and 165 on Sunday. Not sure if anyone here got caught up in this, but it must've been a nightmare for travelers.

Aena and airlines have slightly different numbers, but either way, it's a huge disruption. I can't imagine how frustrating it must've been for everyone trying to fly in or out of Barcelona. Seems like the weather's been pretty unpredictable across Europe lately.

I'm wondering how much of this could've been anticipated and if the airport could've handled it better. Do airports have different strategies for dealing with weather-related issues like this? Also, how does it work with cancellations and rebookings in such a large-scale event?

Hope everyone stayed safe and managed to get where they needed to be eventually. Let's hear your thoughts!

Please login to reply to this topic.

Login Sign Up