Hey everyone, I just read about the largest commercial airports in the world by number of runways. It's kind of crazy how we usually think about airport size in terms of land area, but the number of runways is actually a huge deal when it comes to handling flights. More runways mean more planes can take off and land without waiting forever, which is pretty crucial for those massive international hubs.
I always thought of places like Atlanta or Beijing first because they're huge, but it seems like airports with more runways can handle flights better during peak times. Makes sense, right? If you can keep things moving on the ground, the whole operation runs smoother.
I wonder how much planning goes into deciding how many runways an airport needs. Do they just keep adding them until they can't fit anymore, or is there a point where it's not worth it? Also, what's the impact on local communities and ecosystems when they expand like this?
Anyone got thoughts on how airports decide to expand their runways? Or maybe some insights into how this affects flight delays? Would love to hear what you all think!
I always thought of places like Atlanta or Beijing first because they're huge, but it seems like airports with more runways can handle flights better during peak times. Makes sense, right? If you can keep things moving on the ground, the whole operation runs smoother.
I wonder how much planning goes into deciding how many runways an airport needs. Do they just keep adding them until they can't fit anymore, or is there a point where it's not worth it? Also, what's the impact on local communities and ecosystems when they expand like this?
Anyone got thoughts on how airports decide to expand their runways? Or maybe some insights into how this affects flight delays? Would love to hear what you all think!