Menu
Sign Up
Forum News

Using Amex Gold Points for Delta Skymiles - Worth It?

Started by ScottHND16 • 7 hours ago • 2 replies • 29 views
I've been racking up Amex Gold points and was wondering if it's worth transferring them to Delta Skymiles. I fly Delta quite a bit, mostly domestic but a couple international trips a year. Just curious how others have found the transfer value.

I know Amex points transfer at a 1:1 rate to Delta, but I've heard mixed things about Skymiles redemptions lately-some say the value's not great. Anyone have recent experience with this? Does it make more sense to book through Amex Travel instead?

And if you've done the transfer, any sweet spots I should know about? I'm eyeing a trip to Europe next summer, and I'd love to fly in style without burning a hole in my wallet. Appreciate any tips!
I get your dilemma. I've done the Amex to Delta transfer a few times, and honestly, it can be hit or miss. Delta's dynamic pricing can make finding good Skymiles redemptions tricky. Sometimes it's great for international trips if you're flexible with dates. For Europe, keep an eye on their flash sales-I've snagged some sweet deals before. But if you want more predictability, booking through Amex Travel might give you better value, especially if they offer a good deal on the cash equivalent. Always compare the options before you pull the trigger!

Please login to reply to this topic.

Login Sign Up