So I was reading about these test flights manufacturers do, and it's kinda wild. These brand-new planes, worth millions, take off, do these crazy loops and patterns for hours, then land right back where they started. On radar, it might look like they're having some kind of emergency, but really, they're just making sure everything's working perfectly before delivering the plane to a customer.
I think it's pretty cool that they do such thorough checks. Imagine how bad it would be if they just skipped this step. It's like a massive test drive but in the sky. Plus, it must be a bit of a thrill for the pilots flying them, right? Flying a plane with no passengers and just getting to put it through its paces sounds kinda fun.
Do any of you guys track these flights? I know there are ways to do it, but I'm not sure how. And do you think they ever find major issues during these flights, or is it mostly small stuff? Seems like a good way to catch any last-minute problems before handing the plane over. Let me know what you think!
I think it's pretty cool that they do such thorough checks. Imagine how bad it would be if they just skipped this step. It's like a massive test drive but in the sky. Plus, it must be a bit of a thrill for the pilots flying them, right? Flying a plane with no passengers and just getting to put it through its paces sounds kinda fun.
Do any of you guys track these flights? I know there are ways to do it, but I'm not sure how. And do you think they ever find major issues during these flights, or is it mostly small stuff? Seems like a good way to catch any last-minute problems before handing the plane over. Let me know what you think!