Menu
Sign Up
Forum News

Henderson Field: Crucial Pacific Stop Needs Upgrades - Thoughts?

Started by ClickSky83 • 5 hours ago • 1 replies • 19 views
Hey all! So, I just read that Henderson Field on Midway Atoll might be in trouble. It's not exactly a bustling hub since there aren't any regular passenger flights, but its strategic spot between the Americas and Asia-Pacific makes it super important for emergency landings. Imagine flying over the vast Pacific and needing a place to divert - that's where Henderson comes in.

The issue now is that the airport needs some upgrades. Without them, it might not be able to serve its purpose in emergencies. I'm thinking, with so many transpacific flights, isn't it crucial to keep such places operational? I mean, it's not just about convenience; it's a safety net for airlines crossing that huge expanse of ocean.

What do you guys think? Should the FAA step in to ensure it gets the necessary upgrades? Or is there another solution out there? It seems like a no-brainer to me, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Also, does anyone know what kind of upgrades are actually needed? Would love to get some insight!

Please login to reply to this topic.

Login Sign Up