Menu
Sign Up
Forum News

Worth it to go for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite?

Started by TheJetFan • 11 hours ago • 5 replies • 23 views
Hey folks, I'm debating whether it's worth pushing for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status. I'm currently Gold, but considering doing a mattress run to hit Platinum. I've got about 30 nights lined up for work travel this year, so I'd need to make up the rest with personal trips or some creative booking strategies.

The benefits look nice-room upgrades, lounge access, and late checkout sound sweet. But I'm wondering if the experience actually lives up to the hype? Anybody here made the jump from Gold to Platinum? Was it worth the effort?

Also, any tips on strategically booking or finding cheap rates to maximize night credits? I'd love to hear your thoughts or any personal experiences!
I made the jump from Gold to Platinum last year. Honestly, the upgrades and lounge access have been hit or miss. Some properties are great, others not so much. The late checkout is handy, though. If you travel a lot for work, it might be worth it, but I wouldn't do a full-on mattress run just for status. As for cheap nights, look for weekend deals or off-peak destinations. Sometimes those can really help bump up your nights without breaking the bank.
Made the jump to Platinum last year. It's been a mixed bag for me. The lounge access and room upgrades really depend on the property. Some hotels are awesome, others not so much. Late checkout is a lifesaver, though. If you're close, it might be worth it, but don't expect every stay to be a massive upgrade. As for cheap rates, I've found that booking on weekends or during off-peak times helps a bit. Curious if others have different experiences?
I've been Platinum for a couple of years now. Honestly, it's been worth it for me mostly because of the lounge access and late checkout. But it really depends on how often you stay at Marriott properties and if you value those perks. Not all hotels are consistent with upgrades, though. I usually try booking stays during off-peak times to get better rates and maximize my nights. Do you travel to any specific cities often? Some places seem to be more generous with benefits than others.
I went for Platinum last year, and honestly, it really depends on how much you stay at Marriott properties. Lounge access and upgrades are nice perks, but they're not guaranteed everywhere. I've had some great experiences and some meh ones where the perks didn't feel worth the extra effort. If you're already traveling a lot for work, maybe it's worth it. But if you're just doing it for the status, I'd weigh how much you'll really use those benefits. As for cheap rates, I've had luck with off-peak times and using points strategically.

Please login to reply to this topic.

Login Sign Up